You know that some of the products and materials in the average home can be bad for the earth and our bodies (and especially bad for our children's bodies!) but finding credible information about which products to avoid and which to buy is really challenging.
You don't want to support manufacturers with different values from your own, but how do you know? Many of them say the right things. Like us, you would choose a green business every time, if only you knew your options. My Greener House gives you options.
The My Greener House directory is for you if:
- you're a homeowner, interior designer, builder, contractor or a real estate agent ~ someone for whom the idea of home really matters
- you might not call yourself an über-environmentalist (or maybe you might), but you definitely care
- you or someone you live with suffers from allergies or chemical sensitivities
- you're concerned about the known and not-yet-known health and environmental effects of the chemicals in our homes
- it's important to you to spend your money consciously where you can, supporting businesses that are doing good
We believe it's possible to shape the manufacturing industry by supporting businesses with ethical, eco-friendly practices. We believe our homes feel better to be in - for ourselves, our families, our guests - when they're greener. We believe there are a lot of earth - and home - loving people just like us.